What If It's True:
A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.
- NONES - no religious preference
- DONES - hurt by the church
- UN - DONES - devastated by life circumstances
- Affirm their questions
- Translate into tangible response
- Be transparent about your struggles
- Insert yourself as a case study
- Challenge them
SPIRITUAL CONVERSATION STARTERS
- Are you saved? // Do you think about spiritual things?
- Are you born again? // Where are you on your spiritual journey?
- Are you a Christian? // Do you consider yourself a religious person?
- Do you want to go to heaven? // What happens to us when we die?
- If you died tonight, where would you go? // Tell me your spiritual story.
DO vs. DONE
- Religious is spelled D.O, and is all about trying to DO enough to please God.
- The trouble is, we don't know if we ever do enough, and the Bible tells us we never can do enough (Romans 3:23).
- But Christianity is spelt D.O.N.E.
Mark Mittelberg, Lee Strobel, Bill Hybels,
Becoming a Contagious Christian Participant's Guide; Willowcreek Association. Zondervan, 1995.
Dr. Matt Price, Professor, Mt Vernon Nazarene University.