We are excited to announce that in-person worship will begin at 10 am on Sunday, June 14 at Northgate Church! We believe God is far more concerned about HOW we worship than WHEN we worship.
We know there are three opinions out there: Some think we’ve waited too long or should never have stopped; some think it’s too early for groups to gather; and many are undecided! No matter what our opinions may be, as Jesus Followers we are all part of the Household of Faith and that means we will love and honor each other – always! Paul teaches us in 1 Corinthians 12:25-27,
“The way God designed our bodies is a model for understanding our lives together as a church: every part dependent on every other part, the parts we mention and the parts we don’t, the parts we see and the parts we don’t. If one part hurts, every other part is involved in the hurt, and in the healing. If one part flourishes, every other part enters into the exuberance. You are Christ’s body—that’s who you are! You must never forget this.” (The Message)
Pray with us for some days without rain so the air conditioning systems (in both the existing and new space) can finish being installed. It’s June in Iowa and AC would really be nice!
For those who anticipate joining us in person, here is some important information:
- We are making every possible effort to make certain our worship space is clean. We want to provide an environment that is as safe as possible for you and your family.
- When you enter, please use hand sanitizer. We will have dispensers out but also encourage you to bring your own.
- You are welcome to wear a mask or any Personal Protective Equipment.
- We have closed every-other row of seating to maintain the 50% capacity limit. However, no one is going to be the “personal distancing police.” It’s up to you to manage the space between yourself and non-family members – we are simply encouraging wisdom and care for others.
- Families with infants and children are welcome but there will not be a nursery or Kids Connect for several weeks. To best honor families with kids, the service will not exceed 50 minutes and there will be a special presentation for the children. We will open Kids Connect and the nursery when everyone feels it’s appropriate.
- If you are sick or feeling ill, please stay home!
If you are uncomfortable in any way about being in a group setting don’t let false guilt settle in – there is nothing wrong in joining our worship on-line at MyNorthgateChurch.online.church. We don’t want anyone to feel pressured to attend or stay away.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Pastor Jim. We look forward to being together again, soon!
You Belong Here!